me

me
just me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

School food

So I was watching the new and they were talking about kids lunches and how they are trying to band parents from packing lunch for there kids because they were full on unhealthy snacks and such. So then on facebook some friends of mine posted this and where all like this is not right blah blah blah. You know everyone has a problem with this they say school lunches are crap and yes I do remember them being not so good I do remember always being able to chose a fresh fruit and there were always veggies. The schools get blamed if the food is bad and now they are getting blamed for trying to get the kids to eat healthy. I watch the Jamie Oliver show about the food revolution and he wants to make school lunches better and fresh so why not let him do it all over the US so then we have no argument about it. I think our schools should be getting more money then they do and they need to have a better standard of health. The show that Oliver is doing showed me how out dated the food pyramid is they still have the 2 bread thing. Our kids are overweight and they eat junk all the time. Our country is overweight and this needs to change why is it that everywhere else this is not a big issue but here and only here it is? And why is it such a big deal on changing the way we eat? This is something we need to do. If we don't change something now we will be watching shows like the biggest looser forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment